TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
SALVAGE - GIDEON & CALEB [WOPS]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 4:42:41 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

A swiftly executed BRICK BREAK destroyed the remaining boulders blocking the entrance of the building in front of Caleb. He nodded to Nox with appreciation, then waited as the Lokix hopped over the debris to investigate the area just within the threshold of the doorway.[break][break]
"I'm not going to lie, professor, I'm a little surprised to see you out here."[break][break]
Caleb glanced back at , who he'd encountered on his way to retrieve the valuable League research trapped inside of the semi-collapsed research station. Luckily, no scientists had been assigned to this particular location at the time, so they were unlikely to encounter survivors in need of rescue.[break][break]
"Rangers are trained to handle this sort of disaster relief, but I'm curious what drew an academic such as yourself?"[break][break]
Had someone asked Gideon to be here? Or was it his idea? He highly doubted would be keen on his brother braving the dangers of a rapidly sinking island...

TAGS[break]
NOTES – OPERATION #1: DEEP SALVAGE[break]
32 Clear debris or other obstacles to create safe pathways

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".calebtest8"]--accent:#3ad1e1;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 4:11:11 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gideon-wrap"]
[attr="class","gideon-main"]
[attr="class","gideon-words"]

Proteus followed after the LOKIX, using its PSYCHIC powers to redirect water flow or bend metal as a stopgap against even more flooding. It was enough to pave the way for the two men.[break][break]

"Hoenn's in a dark place right now, as I'm sure you know, Caleb."[break][break]

probably knew better than most, unbeknownst to . Still, anyone in the region would be able to commiserate with the sentiment. Times were hard.[break][break]

" initially invited me to volunteer, but," Thoughts of all the people he cared for crossed his mind, how weak he was in the face of all of Hoenn's many disturbances, the crushing futility he'd felt. "...I just wanted to help where I could. This much is the bare minimum."

[attr="class","gideon-notes"]

[break]
deep salvage
[break]

03. address environmental hazards

[attr="class","gideon-pkmn"]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap b] color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2024 4:15:21 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The mention of prickled Caleb's skin. He remembered the closeness between Gideon and Ollie at that stupid party, the image of their intimacy seared into his memory. He still didn't know for sure if they were dating. Or...something.[break][break]
Am I dating Ollie? He wondered, not for the first time since they'd...reconnected. He quickly shoved that question away; now was not the time or place to contemplate the complexities of his love life. And jealousy would only erode his relationship with the professor, a man who, in a vacuum, Caleb carried no ill will towards. If anything, he still felt as if he owed Gideon for almost causing the near-death of his brother in the Border. And...well, there was another reason he wanted to remain on good terms with him.[break][break]
"True enough," he answered, channeling his troubled thoughts in the direction of Gideon's comment about Hoenn. He was right: the region was a fucking mess. "Every little bit counts. I'm glad to have your help."[break][break]
He held out a hand to halt their progress momentarily. The last facility he'd investigated had been fraught with weakened infrastructure and obscured sink holes.[break][break]
"Sorry, just need to make sure we can get across this hallway safely."[break][break]
Nox hopped forward, clinging to the wall. He buzzed, indicating solid footing.[break][break]
"Looks like we're okay here."[break][break]
Then, after a brief pause - [break][break]
"Hey, uh, can I ask you something?" Caleb stepped gingerly over a fallen beam, gathering his resolve, pushing past the somewhat awkward transition. "Did you ever work with Nautica? used to bring artifacts to your museum, right?"

TAGS[break]
14 Ensure the area is safe from remaining threats.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2024 1:32:01 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

remembered, too. The way had drunkenly crossed boundaries, egged on by and 's behavior, wasn't necessarily a pleasant memory. Even if his friend had tried to make it up to him later. [break][break]

That had been an entirely different can of worms. The thought made the professor's blood pressure spike.[break][break]

Regardless, if Gideon knew about the sorts of dynamics Ollie still held with some of the other significant people in his life, it would certainly give him pause. A similar thought as crossed his mind then — was he dating ?[break][break]

He pushed the thought down for now. Now wasn't the time for it. Luckily, Gideon's attention was easily won back at the mention of .[break][break]

"Ah," The professor hummed in recognition, a certain bittersweet fondness to his voice. "Yes, I did. I quite enjoyed working with Angelo, actually. And Skyler, too, of course."[break][break]

A beat and then then inevitable next question, "Why do you ask?"

[break]
deep salvage

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 2:04:39 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"I was close with Angelo," Caleb admitted, expression betraying a bittersweet nostalgia. "He was a good friend of mine. Saved my life down in the Ultra Deep Sea." He paused, trying to find the right words. "His departure was...jarring."[break][break]
That was an understatement, but he found it difficult to articulate how he felt...after all, Angelo had always been the sort of man to do as he pleased, constantly at risk of disappearing off on whatever next great adventure caught his interest - or his wife's. It was Caleb's own fault he'd been blindsided by their leaving: or so he tried to tell himself.[break][break]
"Anyway, he might be gone, but his former companions aren't. I've been looking for Latios and Latias, because the League could really use the extra firepower, especially given events like this - " he waved his hand at their surroundings, as if to indicate the current ecological disaster. "Did he leave anything with you? Any artifacts that we might be able to use as, er, weapons?"[break][break]
He realized how foolish it sounded the moment the words left his mouth, but he had to ask. They needed all the help they could get, given war was likely on the horizon.

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 23:46:34 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

worked as the two men conversed. Pulled from his supply bag was a portable, battery-powered two-way camera, capable of underwater use and motorized by a small fan. The plan was to have his ROTOM inhabit the machine and guide it underwater, looking for objects of import to scavenge. [break][break]

"Angelo saved me in the Ultra Deep Sea as well," The professor commiserated, remembering how deftly fought — and always with his characteristic charm and wit, even in the most dire situations. "He's certainly missed."[break][break]

The mention of LATIOS and LATIAS certainly piqued Gideon's interest.[break][break]

"Oh?" There was a thoughtful hum to his voice now. [break][break]

"Hmm..." He rubbed his chin in contemplation, inwardly weighing how much he wanted to divulge to , a practical stranger. "There was something the two of us were working on..."[break][break]

The camera's engine thrummed in the background of their conversation. So far nothing of interest had popped up on the screen.[break][break]

"...having to do with Victini."

[break]
deep salvage
[break]

21. Use technology to assist in the operation.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 4:01:36 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Victini. That name dredged up a memory Caleb would rather not revisit.[break][break]
"I think I fought that guy once," Caleb shuddered. "Wait - weren't you with us?" Right, the horrible memory. It was of Gideon's brother getting burned to death by the vengeful spirit of that feisty little legendary. "Er, anyway, I thought it was dead?"[break][break]
Caleb had to admit, his interest was piqued. It seemed Angelo had even more connections to the Gods of their world than he'd originally thought.[break][break]
The scurrying of claws against cement caught Caleb's attention then. Not wanting to disrupt the professor's work, he motioned for Nox to go take care of whatever Pokemon might be lurking about in the shadows. The Lokix buzzed, then disappeared in a flash to distract the intruders away from the two men. Soon enough, the sounds came to an abrupt stop, then immediately changed direction - following after the Bug type.

TAGS[break]
17 Create distractions to draw threats away from vulnerable areas

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 2:24:06 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

A grim frown soured Gideon's expression for a moment as he recalled witnessing burning alive. It had felt like a part of him was burning away, too. Thank Arceus his brother had lived.[break][break]

"That was some sort of vengeful spirit or otherworldly manifestation. It might even be a separate entity altogether. Nevertheless," [break][break]

The professor was all business now. Admittedly, he'd let this particular venture lay idle for too long. Could take up the mantle that had discarded?[break][break]

"It is dead. Parts of its soul have been scattered around Hoenn and beyond. But it seems to have reached out to Angelo in some way," Gideon explained, rubbing his chin in thought. "He had one of those soul shards and was searching for others."[break][break]

A beat, and then decided to divulge the full truth.[break][break]

"Which is where I came in. We had plans to create a device that might help us find these shards of Victini."

[break]
deep salvage

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 3:36:15 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Whatever that thing in The Border had been, Caleb sincerely hoped he'd never meet it again.[break][break]
"Wait, so you're saying that the not vengeful spirit of Victini contacted Angelo about...about putting its soul back together?"[break][break]
Caleb blinked, trying to make sense of what he was hearing. What Gideon was essentially suggesting, was that Angelo had been looking for a way to resurrect a dead God. And not only that - the professor agreed it might be possible.[break][break]
Well, stranger things had happened in Hoenn.[break][break]
"How many of these soul shards are there?" Caleb asked. If there were hundreds, Gideon might need to consider recruiting more people than just Caleb to help him out.[break][break]
Caleb was no engineer, but if such a device could be created, it would certainly speed up the process of finding the soul shards - no matter who was looking for them.[break][break]
Something occurred to him, then.[break][break]
"Shit, I wonder if Rocket has any of them. Or if they're looking, too."

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2024 17:20:36 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Something flashed on the camera screen — an intact artifact from the field crew that had been assigned here? — and instructed his SLOWKING to go retrieve it.[break][break]

After giving that direction, the professor returned to his conversation with . "Something like that. He was never very forthcoming with all the details."[break][break]

Pausing, the professor added, "Angelo was a great guy, but he held things close to his chest quite often."[break][break]

It made sense. With ROCKET and the DRK TRIAD among the players in Hoenn, you could never be too careful about who you trusted. Which was why Caleb coming to him with this was certainly a show of faith, in a way. [break][break]

"Unclear. This is all new territory for me. I suppose once the device is developed we'll have a better picture of how many shards are out there." A beat, then, "I don't think Angelo took the Soul Dew with him when he left the region. I'm sure it's in League custody somewhere, locked away."[break][break]

"Would you have access to it, as a ranger?" If not, perhaps could secure VICTINI's soul shard for him to study.[break][break]

A splash of water indicated his SLOWKING's return. They'd managed to salvage something interesting, at least.[break][break]

"I assume Rocket has its nose in everything... if you're serious about this, I think it's best we continue the work as soon as possible."[break][break]

When answered in the affirmative, extended a hand to consummate their partnership.[break][break]

"Then I look forward to working with you, Mr. Harcourt."

[break]
deep salvage

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2024 0:06:00 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]WOPS COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven